A few years ago, Google’s SERPs (“search engine results pages”) were very simple: a handful of text ads above and to the right and 10 organic results with their title, description and link. Being in the first of them practically guaranteed the best organic traffic result. But the old days are behind us. Today the search engine results pages are much more complex and there are a lot of elements that we have to take into account to take advantage of it at the SEO level. We tell you all its secrets! Do you want to improve your SEO positioning and also your Inbound Marketing strategy ? Click here and download our free ebook
How to understand Google SERPs in 2021 Complete guide Searches “zero click” The great novelty of the Google SERP can be summed up in the concept of ” zero click searches “. In essence, Google has been displaying more and more information directly on the results page. Thus, a zero click search is one in which the user gets the answer they were looking for without clicking on any of the pages that appear in the results. Today, more than 50% of searches on Google are zero clicks. SERPs-guide-to-web-positioning Therefore, the objective of brands in SEO is not only to obtain organic traffic to their website, but also to appear in the advanced elements of the SERP to obtain visibility without the need for clicks . Let’s see what these “special results” look like and which ones are the most interesting for marketers. Advanced elements of Google SERPs
1) Featured snippets: the zero position The featured snippet or “zero position” is one of the star elements of search results pages in recent years. It is a result that appears prominently above the organic results, with a summary of the content of the page, title, link and, in many cases, image. Logically, appearing in this position generates a lot of visibility and traffic . To improve the probabilities, it is advisable to use the H2 and H3 labels and consider the contents as an answer to the frequent doubts of the users. SERPs-guide-for-positioning-web-position-0
2) Knowledge panel The knowledge panel is a kind of “tab” that summarizes the most important information about a query and appears in a column to the right of the results. The information comes from different Google partners, Wikipedia pages and company brand pages. For the information that appears about your brand to be correct, it is important to make sure that it is updated both on your website and in company directories and other sites. If there are any errors, you can notify Google to update them. SERPs-guide-for-positioning-web-knowledge-panel
3) Local information Senegal Phone Number List local information is especially important for businesses with physical locations , for example restaurants.Typically, when a user does a search related to local businesses, the information is shown to them through Google Maps. To take advantage of this element of the SERP, you must have an up-to-date Google My Business account with all your business locations. Reviews also increase your chances of appearing in local searches.
4) Featured news Featured news are displayed in current affairs. The results are obtained from Google News and prioritize the pages that have AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) . Websites can appear in the Featured News section if they follow the Google News submission procedures, but typically the top spots are held by large media. Even so, it is convenient not to forget about this element, especially when there are current issues that affect our company. SERPs-guide-for-positioning-web-news
5) Videos 62% of searches on Google offer video results through thumbnails, mostly from YouTube. Videos are especially popular in “How To” searches.To maximize the chances of appearing in the SERP with your videos, you should take into account SEO optimization practices for YouTube : titles, descriptions, tags, categories, etc. It is also interesting to find ways to attract an audience to your company page from your YouTube channel. SERPs-guide-for-web-positioning-videos
6) Reviews Reviews are a key element in building trust . Google’s SERP typically includes reviews for searches related to software, products, hotels, restaurants, recipes, and more. Reviews appear below the page URL and above the description and show the average rating and number of votes. To increase the chances that this information will be shown in the results of your page, you must mark the reviews of your page using structured data so that the Google search engine can interpret them correctly. SERPs-guide-for-web-positioning-reviews
7) Site links In some cases, Google not only displays a description and a link for each search result, but includes additional pages from the same site with their corresponding links and descriptions. This offers a “shortcut” for users to reach the key pages of your website and also, by taking up a lot of space on the results page, they improve your visibility and “take away” from the competition. As in the previous case, organizing your website using structured data multiplies the chances that your site links appear in the SERP.
8) Shopping results The results of Shopping are not organic elements, but part of the formats available on Google Ads . These are advertisements especially aimed at promoting the purchase of a product, showing images, prices, reviews and other elements. Due to their great conversion potential, they can be a very interesting option to consider for searches with high purchase intent. SERPs-guide-for-positioning-web-shopping In conclusion…Google is continually experimenting with the search results page, adding and removing items. Therefore, rather than focusing on positioning in a specific place, what we need is to change the focus and focus on the best practices most valued by Clean Emai : Be perfectly adapted to the mobile. Organize the information on the website using structured data. Prioritize the user experience. With these guidelines, we will ensure the best odds to continue to appear in Google SERPs in 2021 and beyond.